Thursday, January 24, 2013

Things are moving

I wanted to give you all an update as to where things are at.  I am in the midst of raising funds, looking for work, doing odd jobs, selling certain possessions, creating a permanent fundraising opportunity, seeing family & friends, and trying to get sleep in there.  Things are moving, which is great! I have had money donated, sold my car (as well as a handful of other things), and just got things moving the my 'tent making'.  The idea of 'tent making' comes from the Bible when Paul instead of having people donate, made tents and sold them as a way of supporting his mission.  This is the idea behind 61 Oaks (check it out by clicking on the name).  God has been so good and people are responding and asking questions.  This past Sunday, I spoke at church during the service, in between services, and after second service.  People were very supportive and I am excited for the partnerships that are forming.  Please keep praying.  I am looking for people who want to keep me and the ministries I will be joining. Pray for 61 Oaks, that it honors God, and is successful.  Pray for financial partnerships: one time and monthly.  I have been incredibly blessed.  I have had all of my frequent flyer miles donated, which knocks $1,500 off what I need.  People have also donated and possessions have been sold, so I am in need for under $3,000. Praise God! As far as monthly, I am in need for $850 still...which is 34 people who are willing to give up one night out a month OR a coffee once a week (adding up to $25 per month).  So pray that people are in pray about partnership in that way.  Thank you so much for all of you support it means so much to me!
I am also going to be heading back to Perth mid-March.  The date changed due to a change in outreach dates and me finding it important to spend more time at home with family and friends.  So if you want to get together please let me know.  God Bless!

No comments: