Friday, July 27, 2012

Wait, what did that email say?

On Friday morning, I woke up not feeling well.  There are a bunch of people on base and at 228 that have had colds, the flu, and various other viruses.  I have tried to be good like my mom and dad asked me.  I have been attempting to go to bed early, drinking enough liquid for my whole DTS, and bundling up (since it is winter here). But alas, I have not been feeling well.  So I text my leaders and let them know I was going to sleep through morning exercise (6am) and attempt to make it to family chores at 8am.  I have had a rough week with feeling physically drained and generally exhausted.  I have had high spirits and been so blessed emotionally and spiritually, so that has been such a blessing.  However, on Friday morning, I was getting discouraged with not feeling well (it really started on Sunday).  When I got to base for family chores, I had sometime to check my email.  I finished an email to my pal Sam Pollock (shout out!) and then looked at what was in my inbox.  There was some junk from Walgreen's, a couple sweet emails from family and friends, and something from my loan company.  I read the one from the loan company very carefully.  I literally shouted "PRAISE GOD!" when I get done.  I might have scared some fellow DTSers who were not quite awake.  The email was a reply to my question if my loan forgiveness had gone through...the answer was YES!  My loan from my undergrad and master's program for $17,500 was forgiven because I had taught as a special ed teacher for 5 years.  How amazing is that!  I had put in for the loan forgiveness back in May and was basically waiting in anticipation for the government's answer.  I feel so blessed! I had been praying for it to go through without any issues and God answered those prayers.  
This week God has really been faithful to show that He is the God who keeps His promises and provides all we need.  God did that with the loan forgiveness.  This week our topic was Intercession and Worship.  For those of you who don't know Intercession is a fancy way of saying praying on behalf of others.  Also Worship not just in a musical senses.  It was amazing! We were told by our instructor time after time how God would call him and/or his family members to step out in faith and God would provide when they did step out in faith.  It was great to hear and encouraging.  I have been slightly stressed and concerned as to why the loan forgiveness had not gone through yet, it was suppose to have gone through at the end of June, then the middle of July, but it has gone through so praise God.  I am so thankful for God pouring out His blessings on me, especially during my time here while I am stepping out in faith to see what His will for my life is. 

No comments: